The Property. Apartment 10 at Chrisanns Beach Resort, Ocho Rios, Jamaica is a one bedroom vacation rental beachfront condo. Great for short term rentals, fully furnished with a fully equipped kitchen and rented by the owner, it's just steps away from some of Jamaica's finest attractions. The property has off street parking, 24/7 security, private beach and pool, and landscaped gardens.
The Unique Benefits of Our Condo: The sunsets from the beach are to die for. The sea breezes that you'll experience if you're on the beach or in the gazebo overlooking the sea are calming and refreshing. When you're sitting on the condo's balcony, you can see the sea and hear the waves day and night. Having a housekeeper who can cook for you s a real benefit, as she can prepare Jamaican dishes for you with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Glenn's Restaurant across the street offers breakfast and local and international dishes. The condo has lots of free cable channels and DVDs. It's like having Netflix without the fees. If you can't do without the Internet, no worries: the complex has free WiFi.
You can visit Jamaican attractions nearby such as:
- Toscanini's Italian Restaurant, right across the street
- Harmony Hall Art Gallery right across the street
- Jimmy Buffet's Margararitaville Restaurant and ounge in the beach in Isand Village, Ocho Rios
- world-famous Dunns River Falls and Park
- many restaurants: Italian, Chinese, international, Indian, and Jamaican
- Rebel Salute word-renwoned reggae festival every January, that brings together musicians from across the island
- Dolphin Cove and nature preserve, where you can swim with these friendly creatures
- Mystic Mountain for an awesome eco-tourism experience with canopy bridges and bungee rides above a tropical rain forest
- Prospect Plantation Tour, a working plantation and animal preserve
- kayaking down the White River, or go mountain biking on trails nearby
- St. Ann's Bay, the birthplace of Marcus Garvey and Brown's Town, a major market town on the North Coast
- Bob Marley's birthplace at Nine Miles, where you can visit his mausoleum and museum
- New Seville, where Christopher Columbus first landed in Jamaica. Here you can visit a historical museum and ruins of 15th century Spanish settlements
- Firefly, the home of Sir Noel Coward. now a museum
- Golden Eye, the former home of Ian Fleming, where he wrote his James Bond novels
Read what our guests have said about our condo: https://www.vrbo.com/234255#reviews
About the Owner. My name is Marian Stewart Titus, and I'm a college professor in New York City. I was born and grew up in Jamaica, just 30 miles away from Chrisanns. My childhood memories are filled with visits to the beaches on Jamaica's north coast. I've been living in New York City since 1998, working in public relations in the non profit sector, and more recently, in higher ed. I visit Jamaica several times each year and spend part of my vacations at the beach while I'm there. My Chrisanns escape is now my retreat and vacation home away from the hustle and bustle of New York City.
Why I chose Ocho Rios. This location is very convenient for many activities. Chrisanns is an ideal haven if you want to get away from the big resort hotels, and enjoy the calmer, more mellow side of Jamaica. I love the beach, and Chrisanns has its own private cove where you can swim in the sheltered area, or venture further out to the deeper sections of the sea. The countryside sorrounding Chrisanns has some of the most breathtakingly beautiful vegetation, beaches and rivers on Jamaica's north coast. Chrisanns is also near to many atttractions, and is an easy 45 minute ride from the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, along a newly built highway that has awesome views of the Caribbean sea.